Organovo Holdings (ONVO) Showing Signs Of A Dead Cat Bounce Today
- ONVO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.6 million.
- ONVO has traded 177,707 shares today.
- ONVO is up 3.5% today.
- ONVO was down 5.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ONVO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ONVO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ONVO: Organovo Holdings, Inc., a development-stage company, focuses on developing and commercializing functional human tissues that could be employed in drug discovery and development, biological research, and as therapeutic implants for the treatment of damaged or degenerating tissues and organs. Currently there are no analysts that rate Organovo Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Organovo Holdings has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Organovo has a market cap of $638.0 million and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of -0.78 and a short float of 28.5% with 5.20 days to cover. Shares are down 30.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Organovo Holdings as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$5.40 million or 172.86% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- ONVO, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 26.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 67.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Biotechnology industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 32.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$9.57 million to -$6.48 million.
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ORGANOVO HOLDINGS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ONVO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 25.44, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Organovo Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV