The system is shipping now to law enforcement customers, connecting the company's Digital In-Car Video Systems work with the FirstVU Body Camera. The system helps law enforcement officers record audio and video from their vehicle and remotely using vehicle cameras and body cameras.
"The new patent is directed to a controller that wirelessly synchronizes multiple recording devices, such as video cameras and microphones," Digital Ally CEO Stanton Ross said in a press release. "When an operator starts one recording device, the controller instructs the other recording devices to also record, and synchronizes the recordings on the various devices. This provides audio/video surveillance from multiple vantage points in order to more fully capture an event, and it allows the operator to quickly and easily reassemble the various recording devices."
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates DIGITAL ALLY INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate DIGITAL ALLY INC (DGLY) a SELL. This is driven by a number of negative factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- DIGITAL ALLY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, DIGITAL ALLY INC reported poor results of -$1.14 versus -$0.99 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 864.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.11 million to -$0.87 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, DIGITAL ALLY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.75 million or 493.70% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 53.30%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 880.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DGLY Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts