NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- HollyFrontier
(HFC - Get Report) shares were upgraded to "neutral" from "sell" by analysts at Citigroup
(C - Get Report), who set a $40 price target while making a valuation call on the company.
Shares are flat in early market trading today.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates HOLLYFRONTIER CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate HOLLYFRONTIER CORP (HFC) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- HFC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- HFC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.17 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.30, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 58.88% to $394.93 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.65%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HFC Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts