Story updated at 9:50 a.m. to reflect market activity.
Shares of Emerson fell -0.1% to $67.13 in morning trading.
The firm set a price target of $75 for the company. Emerson can continue to deliver consistent growth and buy back stock according to Argus analysts.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates EMERSON ELECTRIC CO as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate EMERSON ELECTRIC CO (EMR) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- 43.84% is the gross profit margin for EMERSON ELECTRIC CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.41% is above that of the industry average.
- EMERSON ELECTRIC CO reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EMERSON ELECTRIC CO increased its bottom line by earning $2.76 versus $2.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.75 versus $2.76).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- EMR's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.62 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.93 is weak.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, EMERSON ELECTRIC CO's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: EMR Ratings Report