1. First, let's look at American Realty Capital Properties, a commercial real estate company.
American Realty traded up 1.13% on Thursday to $12.58.
- Thursday's range: 12.40 - 12.60
- 52-week range: 11.76 - 15.33
- Thursday's volume: 8,399,790
- Three-month average volume:
Yesterday's candlestick engulfed the candlesticks of the last four trading days, which implies that on Friday price action will continue higher. The real breakout will happen at a close above yesterday's close. An inside day, however, would offer a cheaper entry. Look for an entry above the 34-day exponential moving average, which is at $12.50. I'd set a stop at a close below yesterday's low of $12.40.
Typically with a rounded-bottom breakout, the target would be the 200-day simple moving average, but there is only about 4% more to go to the 200-day SMA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV