NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Lorillard (LO) are up 5.98% to $66.86 in pre-market trade as Reynolds American (RAI) is reportedly closer to purchasing the company and a deal could be announced next week, and with the backing of British American Tobacco (BTI), sources told Bloomberg.
London-based BAT owns 42% of Reynolds and would have to approve any merger.
Shares of Reynolds are up 2.73% to $63.96 in pre-market trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV