Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Why didn't the markets get hammered today given the plethora of bad corporate news? That was the question Jim Cramer asked his Mad Money TV show viewers Wednesday, adding, sometimes just not losing money is something to be celebrated.
Cramer said the resiliency of today's stock market was worth noting, as there were plenty of negatives that should've sent the averages sharply lower. First, there was Sprint (S) walking away from a bid for T-Mobile (TMUS), news that sent shares down 19%. Then there was Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA) walking away from its bid for Time Warner (TWX).Parker Hannifin (PH) announced an unexpected shortfall that sent its shares down by 4.7%, and then Walgreens (WAG) told investors that it won't be moving its tax status overseas, news that sent that stock down a quick 14%. Read More Warren Buffett’s Top 10 Dividend Stocks But despite all these negatives, and the continued threat of another European recession and continued sinking interest rates, the averages were able to hold their ground. That's because for all the market's negatives, there are still positives out there, along with continued hope for a diplomatic solution to the conflict with Russia, Cramer said. The rest of the Mad Money program was preempted by President Obama's remarks at the U.S. Africa Leaders Summit. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV