SANTA MONICA, Calif., and VANCOUVER, British Columbia, July 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- LIONSGATE's ® (NYSE: LGF) acclaimed series ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK, MAD MEN and NURSE JACKIE earned a total of 23 Emmy® nominations today, including a seventh consecutive Outstanding Drama Series nomination for four-time Emmy® winner MAD MEN (AMC); an Outstanding Comedy Series nomination for ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK (Netflix), the most nominated comedy series this year; and three lead acting nominations including MAD MEN's Jon Hamm (his seventh drama nomination ), multiple Emmy® winner Edie Falco and Taylor Schilling, who landed her first Emmy® nomination as Lead Actress for ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK.
MAD MEN's eight nominations also include nods for Christina Hendricks as Supporting Actress (her fifth nomination) Robert Morse as Guest Actor (his fifth nomination), as well as nominations for Art Direction, Costumes, Hairstyling and Makeup.
ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK earned a total of 12 nominations, including nods for Kate Mulgrew as Supporting Actress, Natasha Lyonne, Uzo Aduba and Laverne Cox in the Guest Actress category, Jenji Kohan and Liz Friedman for Writing, Jodie Foster for Directing, Casting, and Single-Camera Picture Editing.
In addition to Edie Falco's nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series, NURSE JACKIE earned nominations for Casting and Sound Mixing."These nominations underscore the strength, quality and diversity of LIONSGATE's roster of iconic and emerging series," said Kevin Beggs, Chairman, Lionsgate Television Group. "We are extremely proud of the tremendous success of our breakthrough hit ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK and the outstanding work being done season after season on MAD MEN and NURSE JACKIE. We salute our nominees and thank the TV Academy for this tremendous recognition." This year's nominations are as follows:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV