Under the new deal Cogeco will roll out a multi-screen TiVo DVR solution to its 800,000 cable TV subscribers sometime by March 2015. Cogeco will abandon its previous plans to roll out an IPTV service in order to offer the TiVo solution. The deal is TiVo's first with a Canadian pay-TV provider.
TheStreet Ratings team rates TIVO INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TIVO INC (TIVO) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed ? some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 29.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to -$23.11 million or 4.17% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, TIVO INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 10.44%.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.37, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.31 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- TIVO INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TIVO INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.98 versus -$0.09 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 86.1% in earnings ($0.28 versus $1.98).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TIVO Ratings Report