- Collaboration with the government since 2008 to strengthen nutritional science and testing capabilities, and share technical expertise to promote food safety.
- Operation of a medical optics facility in Hangzhou, a pharmaceutical facility in Shanghai, and new research and development centers for its nutrition and diagnostics businesses in Shanghai.
- Creation of the Abbott Crossroads Institute training center in Shanghai, which educates healthcare providers in coronary, endovascular and structural heart interventions.
- Implementation of innovative initiatives across Abbott's China manufacturing operations to reduce emissions, water use and waste, and to make product packaging more sustainable.
- Establishment of the Abbott Fund Institute of Nutrition Science (AFINS), in partnership with Shanghai Children's Medical Center and the global non-profit organization Project HOPE. The partnership, which operated from 2007 through this year, strengthened clinical pediatric nutrition practices, training, research and community outreach.
Abbott Builds Long-Term Commitment In China
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts