NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of PC-dependent companies including Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) and Microsoft (MSFT) have been among the market's top performers in 2014. Both of these companies have been up by double-digits, as much as 27% and 15% respectively. Opportunistic investors knew something.
On Wednesday, the rest of the market gained that knowledge.
Market research firm Gartner said the decline in PC shipments have been stabilized. Not only does Gartner predict continued deceleration of the decline for the rest of 2014, the firm anticipated a significant rebound in 2015.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV