Thursday, GLD popped over the $128 resistance level on the way to potentially building a constructive base from which to launch a new uptrend. GLD will have to surmount several more major resistance levels before one can say that it has turned the corner back up.
Although it is trying, at this time one cannot say whether GLD will succeed. All one can do is say that GLD is in a chart setup that may possibly work out. Therefore, I would set price alerts at the resistance levels drawn on the below chart:
The reasons for the recent strength in GLD are numerous. >>5 Big Trades to Conquer a Correcting Market >>Thursday, July 10: Today in Gold and Silver First and foremost is the insane monetary easing by the world's central bankers, which has caused numerous asset bubbles all over the world. James Rickards has written about the potential demise of the dollar and the potential for GLD in his recentbestseller, The Death of Money, which takes off where his last book, Currency Wars left off. Rickards posits that a coming collapse of the world monetary system will be triggered by the irresponsible money printing policies of the world's bankers, including the Federal Reserve.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV