NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- SouFun (SFUN) surged Thursday after China's leading real estate portal operator announced it had signed strategic cooperation agreements with two leading Chinese new home agency companies.
SouFun signed deals with Shenzhen World Union Properties Consultancy, the top new home agency company, and Hopefluent, ranked fourth. The former deal's aggregate cash consideration is approximately $120 million, while the latter's is approximately $91 million.
The stock was up 7.79% to $10.24 at 11:45 a.m.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates SOUFUN HLDGS LTD as a "buy" with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SOUFUN HLDGS LTD (SFUN) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 21.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 33.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 41.17% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 121.64% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SFUN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 46.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $28.41 million to $41.52 million.
- The gross profit margin for SOUFUN HLDGS LTD is currently very high, coming in at 81.78%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 34.25% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- SOUFUN HLDGS LTD has improved earnings per share by 41.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SOUFUN HLDGS LTD increased its bottom line by earning $0.71 versus $0.37 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 1.1% in earnings ($0.70 versus $0.71).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SFUN Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.