Building on a successful multi-year partnership that has helped thousands of young people learn, grow and play, Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) and Mattel (NASDAQ:MAT) today announced a new toy and game donation program to provide children with greater access to play.
Called “Share the Play,” the program is simple: for every online order placed by consumers at Mattel’s online toy stores ( http://MattelShop.com and http://Fisher-PriceStore.com), Mattel will donate a toy to BGCA. Through the program, up to 250,000 toys will be distributed to BGCA’s nationwide network of 4,100 Clubs.
“Our mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible adults,” said Julie Teer, senior vice president of resource development, Boys & Girls Clubs of America. “Our research shows that kids who attend our Clubs more often achieve greater outcomes. Creating a fun Club Experience is an important component to keeping kids engaged and attending the Club. Through Mattel’s donation of new toys and games and the public’s support of this cause campaign, we’re helping Clubs create a fun, engaging environment that enables kids to achieve great futures.”
From now through December 31, 2014 every qualifying order made online at http://MattelShop.com and http://Fisher-PriceStore.com will result in a toy donation to BGCA. Mattel will donate a minimum of 200,000 toys to BGCA through the program, with a goal of 250,000 toy donations to the organization.“We believe in the power of play, and the crucial link between play and a child's learning and development,” said Robert Goodwin, executive director of the Mattel Children’s Foundation. “Boys & Girls Clubs offer an opportunity for children to play in a safe, constructive environment, and we’re proud to support Clubs and help children across the United States.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV