ORLANDO, Fla., July 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Being green is oh-so refreshing. That was the message today as SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment ™ debuted the first refillable plastic cup made from plant-based materials. Now available in all SeaWorld ® and Busch Gardens parks across the U.S., the reusable, 100-percent recyclable plastic cup is manufactured using proprietary PlantBottle ™ packaging technology from the company's beverage partner, Coca-Cola.
"Working together, our two companies are using our resources and reach to inspire people to make a difference," said SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Corporate Vice President of Culinary Operations Andrew Ngo. "Our friends at The Coca-Cola Company share our commitment to conservation, our passion for the planet, and our innovative approach to consumer experiences. Even more important, this appeals to our guests, who expect and reward recycling and sustainability."
PlantBottle packaging swaps traditional plastic resins with natural sugars found in plants. Fewer fossil-based ingredients mean a smaller carbon footprint. SeaWorld's switch to PlantBottle plastic in its refillable cups is expected to remove 35 metric tons of CO2 emissions annually -- the equivalent of saving more than 80 barrels of oil a year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV