- Pioneering and testing technology to improve fuel efficiency, such as the Arrowedge®, an aerodynamic innovation for double-stack intermodal trains.
- Managing infrastructure, equipment and operations through training and awareness to increase fuel efficiency.
- Establishing plans for preserving habitats. For example, the railroad has developed processes to protect the desert tortoise, an endangered species.
- Engaging with the public, shareholders, customers, suppliers and employees through direct communications, disclosure of Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions, and the company's Carbon Emission Estimator.
Union Pacific Reports Environmental Strategies, Stewardship And Risks To CDP
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts