NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Zumiez Inc.
(ZUMZ - Get Report) are up 8.89% to $30.49 in after-hours trading on Wednesday as it raised its second quarter earnings per share guidance to a range of 19 cents to 21 cents per diluted share, versus its prior guidance of 12 cents to 16 cents per diluted share.
It also reported comparable store sales that rose 3.1% in June to $65.3 million, compared to $58.8 million for the five-week period ended July 6, 2013.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates ZUMIEZ INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate ZUMIEZ INC (ZUMZ) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ZUMIEZ INC has improved earnings per share by 12.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ZUMIEZ INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.52 versus $1.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.59 versus $1.52).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 276.41% to $16.57 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ZUMIEZ INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.80%.
- 35.32% is the gross profit margin for ZUMIEZ INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of ZUMZ's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.53% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ZUMZ Ratings Report