- A reconstitution of the Company’s board of directors in which five of the current seven members, including Mr. Charney, will voluntarily step down. The departing directors will be replaced by two new directors, chosen jointly by Standard General and the current board, and three new directors designated by Standard General. All but one of the new directors are expected to be independent directors and unaffiliated with either Standard General or Mr. Charney. The board will continue to be led by its current co-chairmen, David Danziger and Allan Mayer. Mr. Charney will not serve as a board member or be nominated by the Company or Standard General as a board member.
- A continuation of the ongoing investigation into Mr. Charney’s alleged misconduct overseen by a newly appointed, independent board committee. Mr. Charney will serve as strategic consultant until the end of the investigation. Based on the findings of the investigation, the committee will determine if it is appropriate for Mr. Charney to serve as CEO or an officer or employee of American Apparel.
- Adoption of a standstill agreement through the Company’s 2015 annual meeting that, among other things, prohibits Standard General and Mr. Charney from acquiring any additional shares in American Apparel and limits their vote to no more than one third of the Company’s shares on any issue put to stockholders; their remaining shares would be voted proportionately to the vote of other stockholders.
American Apparel Signs Support Agreement With Standard General
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.