Oil majors Exxon Mobil (XOM) and Chevron (CVX) have failed to capitalize on the shale boom, playing second fiddle to their relatively smaller exploration and production peers Devon Energy (DVN), Chesapeake Energy (CHK), Continental Resources (CLR) and EOG Resources (EOG).
But despite playing a major role in the shale boom, natural gas-focused Devon and Chesapeake and oil-focused Continental and EOG aren't profiting equally. Right now Continental and EOG are the winners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV