On CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said the company was not prepared for Google's (GOOG) (GOOGL) algorithm change, despite reassurances from the CEO.
The change negatively affected RetailMeNot's business -- and shareholders are not happy about the result.Google is in charge, Cramer said, and he doesn't like RetailMeNot, or any other company for that matter, that is completely at the mercy of other big companies. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell Read More: Is Wal-Mart Too Late With Its New Online Focus or Right on Time?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV