The international soccer organization counted 35.6 million tweets about the game on Tuesday, which would make it the most tweeted sports event in the social media company's history. FIFA said the previous record was 24.9 million for the Super Bowl in February, in which the Seattle Seahawks thrashed the Denver Broncos, 43-8.
FIFA also claimed the record for most Twitter messages about a topic in a minute. Users sent out 580,166 tweets about the game in the minute after Germany took a 5-0 lead. Sami Khedira's scored the goal at 5:29 p.m. local time in Belo Horizonte.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock was up 2.33% to $38.28 at 1:44 p.m. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV