NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Aviva Plc (AV) are down -3.35% to $17.03 after CEO Mark Wilson pledged to continue cost cuts and attract funds to its investment unit in an effort to boost earnings at the U.K.'s second-biggest insurer by market value, Bloomberg reports.
The CEO plans to cut the operating expense ratio to less than 50% from 54% last year and double annual excess cash flow to $1.4 billion by the end of 2016, the company said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV