NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Boeing (BA) shares appear ready for a flight higher following the company's announcement that it sold 150 model 777X airplanes to Emirates Airline. The total list price for all of those planes is $56 billion.
On July 7 I wrote, "Dow 30 Higher as Earnings Begin," and in this post I said that Boeing was the weakest of all Dow Jones Industrial Average components. As of July 3, its shares had lost 5.8% since the start of the year.
Although the Emirates Airline order will not affect Boeing's second-quarter results, it should be talked about in the company's forward guidance. The company plans to report quarterly results before the opening bell on July 23.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV