Story updated at 9:50 a.m. to reflect market activity.
Louisiana-Pacific fell -0.7% to $14.25 in morning trading.
The analyst firm set a price target for $16 for the company. Louisiana-Pacific will be hurt by lower OSB prices according to RBC analysts.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP (LPX) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.63, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.53, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$73.00 million or 534.52% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Paper & Forest Products industry and the overall market, LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LPX Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts