NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of KKR & Co. (KKR) are up 1.55% to $24.94 in pre-market trade after Scotland-based, privately-owned OEG Offshore Group said that the investment firm agreed to acquire a majority interest in the energy services company, the Wall Street Journal reports.
The deal's financial details weren't disclosed.
OEG is a global provider of specialist equipment to the offshore oil and gas industry. The company said executive management would retain a "significant holding" in the company.
- KKR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 87.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, KKR's share price has jumped by 27.63%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, KKR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- KKR & CO LP's earnings per share declined by 5.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KKR & CO LP increased its bottom line by earning $2.29 versus $2.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.74 versus $2.29).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Capital Markets industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 8.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $193.44 million to $210.04 million.
- The gross profit margin for KKR & CO LP is rather low; currently it is at 17.52%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, KKR's net profit margin of 37.40% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KKR Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts