PHILADELPHIA, July 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
HCOs can create, exchange, review, approve and share knowledge and documents in highly flexible and configurable PolicyNavigator
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, announced today the launch of PolicyNavigator, a knowledge management tool for healthcare organizations (HCOs). PolicyNavigator allows executives, administrators and healthcare legal professionals to create, exchange, review, approve and share knowledge and documents quickly and easily, and ensures that content remains current and appropriate for use."Centralized, organized, consistent policies are not optional in modern healthcare," said Michelle Troseth, MS, RN, DPNAP, FAAN, Chief Professional Practice Officer, Elsevier Clinical Solutions. "In fact, they're essential for employee evaluations, legal compliance, reimbursement, and above all, patient safety. Writing, distributing and tracking policies should be a seamless, painless, paperless process and this solution makes that possible." PolicyNavigator, which can be implemented as a stand-alone solution or with an organization's existing workflow as a seamless extension of Elsevier's Mosby's Skills and Performance Manager, encompasses five categories of functionality: document creation; document management; electronic review and approval workflow; search and browse content online; and archival of polices with the ability to retrieve prior versions. "Many healthcare organizations struggle to manage their administrative and operational policies and procedures and their clinical practice standards," Troseth continued. "The fact that this solution can be integrated with Elsevier's Mosby's Skills and Performance Manager further simplifies the entire process." PolicyNavigator is automated and paperless, eliminating the work of distributing and tracking policies, as well as generating reports for regulatory agencies. All documents can be stored, revised, and distributed across the organization to control all aspects of the business and improve decision making. PolicyNavigator's functionalities include:
- Staff Member/Learner features for staff to acknowledge assigned documents, search documents, view documents, view alerts and email notifications, select, save and print documents, and acknowledge policy documents are read.
- Author/Creator features for document creation, search, browse and publishing documents. Users can view email notifications; select, view, edit and save documents; facilitate document collaboration, view reviewed and approved documents and policies; and view version history and archives.
- Reviewer/Approver features include search and browse documents, email notifications. Users have the ability to accept, decline, or provide feedback on documents, edit documents, track changes, and submit feedback to the author. Additionally, users can view list of documents reviewed and approved, and view version history and archives.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV