LONDON, July 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Platts, a leading global provider of energy and commodities information, has introduced four new price assessments aimed at helping Turkey's utilities better determine power costs and bringing greater clarity to one of Europe's burgeoning power transit hubs.
"With the new assessments, Turkish and European utilities and risk managers, alike, will be better able to assess power generation profitability by more easily comparing the use of natural gas versus coal as the feedstock for electricity production," said Darren Stetzel, editor of Platts' new market report supplement Turkish Power Weekly*.
The four daily assessments are:
- Platts Turkish Month-Ahead Baseload Power : Prices for month-ahead delivery, which are also published as a rolling monthly average.
- Platts Turkish Month-Ahead Spark Spread – 45% efficiency **: An indicator of the profitability of 45%-efficient natural gas-fired power plants.
- Platts Turkish Month-Ahead Spark Spread – 50% efficiency : An indicator of the profitability of 50%-efficient natural gas-fired power plants.
- Platts Turkish Month-Ahead Dark Spread – 40% efficiency : An indicator of the profitability of 40%-efficient coal-fired power plants.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV