The company reported EPS of 27 cents a share for the fourth quarter, beating the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of 23 cents a share by 4 cents. Revenue grew 35.8% from the year-ago quarter to $73.5 million, beating analysts' estimates of $69.62 for the quarter.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 47.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- AVAV has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 6.24, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market, AEROVIRONMENT INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AVAV Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts