NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Bob Evans Farms (BOBE - Get Report) are down -2.09% to $48.74 in after-hours trading after the restaurant company reported fiscal 2014 fourth quarter and full year results.
The company said net income from continuing operations was $9.8 million, or 40 cents per diluted share, compared with net income from continuing operations of $29.6 million, or $1.05 per diluted share, in the comparable period a year ago.
For the fourth quarter of 2014, non-GAAP net income from continuing operations was $11.8 million, or 48 cents per diluted share -- 7 cents better than the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of 41 cents-- compared with non-GAAP net income from continuing operations of $19.4 million, or 69 cents per diluted share, in the comparable period last year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 110.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$55.14 million to $5.72 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.77, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.19 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- In its most recent trading session, BOBE has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BOBE Ratings Report