NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Statoil ASA
(STO - Get Report) and Talisman Energy Inc.
(TLM - Get Report) are lower as their effort to sell their joint venture in Texas's Eagle Ford basin has ended as offers came in lower than expected, sources told Bloomberg.
Statoil ASA is down -0.66% to $30.31 and Talisman Energy is down -0.20% to $10.19.
The companies were seeking as much as $4 billion for the 50-50 partnership, Bloomberg said.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates STATOIL ASA as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate STATOIL ASA (STO) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- STO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.41, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.28, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 264.70% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 48.48% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, STO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- 39.67% is the gross profit margin for STATOIL ASA which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.89% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: STO Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts