NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- If you are combing the stock market for a lottery ticket these days, we may have just the list you are looking for. With earnings season once again upon us this week, analysts at Bespoke Investment Group released a list of the most volatile stocks on earnings. These stocks historically experienced their biggest one-day moves (both up and down) following the release of their earnings report.
The top 20 stock's movements ranged between +/-13.52% and +/-18.73% on the day the earnings report was released if the report came out before the opening bell. Stocks that released their earnings after the bell had their movements recorded during the next trading session.
Technology companies dominate the list with 14 of the top 20 spots. Telecom and energy companies each have one spot, and consumer discretionary companies rounded out the remaining four.
Here are the top 20 most volatile stocks on earnings:
20th Most Volative Stock: Trulia Inc (TRLA)
Average Absolute Value 1-Day % Change on EPS: (+/-) 13.52
The online real estate search engine for buyers, sellers and real estate agents lists properties for sale. It has 22 million monthly unique visitors and is the 604 ranked website in the country, according to Alexa (June 2013).
TheStreet Ratings team rates TRULIA INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TRULIA INC (TRLA) a SELL. This is driven by a few notable weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TRLA Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV