The newest of New Jersey American Water’s more than 250 water storage tanks is also its most celebrated. The company’s gleaming 238-foot tall tank in Egg Harbor Township has won the Steel Tank of the Year award from the Steel Tank Institute.
Construction of the 475-ton tank began in 2010 and was completed in the fall of 2013. It holds approximately 1.5 million gallons of water and serves New Jersey American Water customers in Egg Harbor Township and the surrounding area.
“Water storage structures, like our Egg Harbor Township tank, are built to provide reliable water service to our customers at a proper flow and to help provide fire protection,” said Jim Schaller, Engineering Project Manager for New Jersey American Water who oversaw construction of the tank. “It’s especially rewarding when infrastructure is recognized for its design.”
CBI Services, Inc. of New Castle, DE was contracted by New Jersey American Water to construct the tank.To see how the Egg Harbor Township Water Tank was built from the ground up, please visit New Jersey American Water’s Facebook Page at http://on.fb.me/1n2qQkE. New Jersey American Water, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs more than 6,000 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to approximately 15 million people in more than 40 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV