- Since 2009, NU has reduced its carbon footprint by cutting its total emissions by 35 percent.
- Customers participating in energy efficiency programs administered by NU’s operating companies saved nearly 828 gigawatt hours of power last year – or enough to serve all the power needs of NU’s 3.1 million electric customers for five days.
- Home improvements from these programs have also saved customers the equivalent of about 440,678,000 cubic feet of natural gas – or enough to serve heating and cooking needs of NU’s 484,000 gas customers for three and a half days.
- In Western Massachusetts, NU has built three solar generation sites utilizing capped landfills and other environmentally-challenged sites providing 8 MW of clean energy that can serve at least 6,000 homes.
- And when complete, the 1,200 MW of clean hydropower imported to New England by NU’s Northern Pass transmission line will lower CO2 emissions by up to 5 million tons annually, which is the equivalent of taking 900,000 cars off the road.
NU: Proven Results In Carbon Reduction, Energy Efficiency And More
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts