NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Yingli Green Energy (YGE) was falling -4.7% to $3.25 Tuesday after report from OTR Global that says the Chinese government is thinking of cutting its 2014 solar installation targets.
The Chinese government previously expected a 2014 installation target of 14GW, with 8GW distributed systems and 6GW utility. The government is reported looking to cut its targets due to credit availability issues according to Seeking Alpha.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 105.47 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, YGE has a quick ratio of 0.50, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HLDGS CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HLDGS CO is rather low; currently it is at 15.68%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, YGE's net profit margin of -12.72% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, YGE has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HLDGS CO has improved earnings per share by 44.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HLDGS CO continued to lose money by earning -$2.05 versus -$3.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.46 versus -$2.05).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YGE Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts