Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock Is Doral Financial (DRL)
- DRL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.4 million.
- DRL has traded 339,098 shares today.
- DRL is up 8.2% today.
- DRL was down 17% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DRL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DRL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DRL: Doral Financial Corporation operates as the bank holding company for Doral Bank that provides retail banking services to general public and institutions. It primarily operates through Puerto Rico Growth, United States, Recovery, and Treasury segments. The average volume for Doral Financial has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Doral Financial has a market cap of $49.1 million and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 2.31 and a short float of 21.4% with 0.83 days to cover. Shares are down 60.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Doral Financial as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DORAL FINANCIAL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, DORAL FINANCIAL CORP reported poor results of -$14.84 versus -$2.00 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 280.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $28.26 million to -$50.87 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market, DORAL FINANCIAL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $25.70 million or 58.71% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 57.39%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 301.75% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full Doral Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts