NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Greenbrier (GBX), one of the biggest providers of transportation equipment and services to the North American railroad industry, have doubled this year. The stock was trading Tuesday at $65.45 as of 10:15 a.m.
But can the shares go any higher?
Last week, Greenbrier released its quarterly results that came in well over analysts' estimates. The company continues to grow based on strength in the U.S. energy and automobile industries. Moreover, the U.S. government is expected to introduce new regulations related to safety of crude-by-rail shipments, which should have a positive impact on Greenbrier's order book.
|American Railcar Industries||ARII||11.57||2.32|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV