New York American Water today announced that it has acquired the water and wastewater assets of the Mt. Ebo Water Works, Inc. and Mt. Ebo Sewage Works, Inc. This acquisition continues the expansion of the company’s operations into upstate New York, north of its historical Long Island base. New York American Water will provide both water and wastewater services to the systems’ more than 400 customer accounts, which are located in the Fieldstone Pond condominium complex and Mt. Ebo Corporate Park in the Town of Southeast, Putnam County. Financial terms of the sale were not disclosed.
“We believe that our new Mt. Ebo customers will benefit from American Water’s years of experience in the water and wastewater business, as well as the significant resources we are able to provide,” said William M. Varley, president of New York American Water.
New York American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water services to more than 370,000 people.
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states and parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV