HOUSTON, July 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. (NYSE: DO) today announced that Ronald Woll has been appointed Senior Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, effective immediately. Based in Houston, Mr. Woll will have oversight of company marketing and contract acquisition activities.
Mr. Woll has an extensive background in the oil-field services arena in a career covering business development, manufacturing, supply chain, and business process re-engineering. Prior to joining Diamond Offshore, Mr. Woll served as Senior Vice President, Supply Chain at Halliburton, and he has previously worked for Bertelsmann, PricewaterhouseCoopers and General Electric. Mr. Woll graduated Summa Cum Laude in Industrial Engineering from the State University of New York at Buffalo and later obtained a Master's Degree in Engineering Management at the same college.
"Ron brings with him a successful track record where he has brought value to both service company and operator alike in a win-win manner," said Marc Edwards, President and Chief Executive Officer. "His extensive industry knowledge and leadership experience will be an important addition to an already strong marketing team."
ABOUT DIAMOND OFFSHOREDiamond Offshore is a leader in offshore drilling, providing contract drilling services to the energy industry around the globe with a total fleet of 45 offshore drilling rigs, including five rigs under construction. Diamond Offshore's fleet consists of 33 semisubmersibles, two of which are under construction, five dynamically positioned drillships, three of which are under construction, and seven jack-ups. Additional information about the Company and access to the Company's SEC filings are available at www.diamondoffshore.com. Diamond Offshore is owned 51% by Loews Corporation (NYSE: L).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV