Stock Market Today: Stock Futures Slip Ahead of Alcoa's Earnings
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- U.S. stock futures were drifting lower amid weakness in the international markets and as the second-quarter earnings season unfolds.
Ongoing chatter about an earlier-than-expected rate hike by the Federal Reserve continues to underpin market caution.
Dow Jones Industrial Average futures were down 16 points, or 12.21 points below fair value, to 16,930. S&P 500 futures were dipping 2.25 points, or 1.7 points below fair value, to 1,968.75. Nasdaq futures were inching 1.5 points lower, or 0.16 points below fair value, to 3,902.8.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV