Individual Investor Group Lays Off 20% of Its Staff
Individual Investor Group (IIGP), publisher of business magazine Individual Investor and its Web site, individualinvestor.com, laid off 20% of its editorial, production and business staff today.
CFO Gregory Barton said the company made the decision in an effort to "make the business more efficient and significantly improve the operating margins of the company."
Among the layoffs were two of the three editors on the Web site, two analysts and one person partly responsible for maintaining individualinvestor.com's community boards. Several technology support positions were also eliminated.
Employees were told the news today and were provided with a minimum of two weeks severance pay, Barton said.Shares of the company rose 5% today to 66 cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV