DENVER, July 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- June proved to be another record-breaking month for U.S. natural gas output in the lower 48 States, with production totaling 68.1 billion cubic feet per day (Bcf/d), according to the latest estimates from Bentek Energy, an oil and natural gas analytics and forecasting unit of Platts. This was up 0.3% from May and the highest monthly production average on record. It exceeded the previous monthly high set in May by nearly 0.2 Bcf/d.
On June 27, production set a one-day record high of 68.7 Bcf/d, a record that Bentek expects will be broken in July. Average June 2014 natural gas production was 3.5 Bcf/d or 5.4% higher than levels seen in June 2013.
The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) will publish its domestic production estimates for June on or around August 30, 2014.
"While the pace of production gains slowed slightly this month, the magnitude of the overall increase in domestic natural gas production is remarkable," said Jack Weixel, Bentek director of energy analysis. "To think that just five years ago in 2009, the U.S. was averaging only 55.1 Bcf/d of production, really puts the recent run of 68 Bcf days in perspective. As we enter the summer's peak energy demand period, both wholesale and retail consumers of natural gas should feel more at ease about prices with this amount of supply at hand."Bentek data analysis suggests 2014 production will average approximately 67.5 Bcf/d due to a higher overall price environment for producers and continued growth in liquids-rich basins such as the Eagle Ford, Bakken, Permian and Greater Anadarko, in addition to continued increases in dry production in the Marcellus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV