3 Stocks Pushing The Retail Industry Lower
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.The Retail industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.5%. Laggards within the Retail industry included ALCO Stores (ALCS), down 3.2%, China Jo-Jo Drugstores (CJJD), down 3.0%, China Nepstar Chain Drugstore (NPD), down 1.7%, U S Auto Parts Network (PRTS), down 4.0% and Body Central (BODY), down 5.2%.TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today:U S Auto Parts Network (PRTS) is one of the companies that pushed the Retail industry lower today. U S Auto Parts Network was down $0.16 (4.0%) to $3.84 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 578,593 shares of U S Auto Parts Network exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 121,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $3.73-$4.09 after having opened the day at $4.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.00. U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an online retailer of automotive aftermarket parts and accessories primarily in the United States, Canada, and the Philippines. It operates in two segments, Base USAP and AutoMD. U S Auto Parts Network has a market cap of $133.7 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are up 61.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates U S Auto Parts Network a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreet Ratings rates U S Auto Parts Network as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and poor profit margins.Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on PRTS go as follows:
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.49, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.18 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for US AUTO PARTS NETWORK INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.43%. Regardless of PRTS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.29% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, US AUTO PARTS NETWORK INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 508.06% to $8.14 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, US AUTO PARTS NETWORK INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 16.34%.
- This stock has increased by 224.10% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in PRTS do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV