3 Stocks Pushing The Drugs Industry Lower
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Biotechnology industry. The net income has decreased by 3.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$1.59 million to -$1.64 million.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to -$1.58 million or 0.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- OGEN's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 32.21%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ORAGENICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ORAGENICS INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.58%. Regardless of OGEN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, OGEN's net profit margin of -763.25% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.