3 Stocks Pushing The Basic Materials Sector Lower
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, U S ANTIMONY CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for U S ANTIMONY CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 4.54%. Regardless of UAMY's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, UAMY's net profit margin of -12.12% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- U S ANTIMONY CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, U S ANTIMONY CORP reported poor results of -$0.03 versus -$0.01 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Metals & Mining industry average. The net income increased by 12.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$0.41 million to -$0.36 million.
- UAMY, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 4.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts