NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Genetic Technologies (GENE) shares are up 13.2% to $1.16 on Monday after the company announced that the number of BREVAGen breast cancer risk test samples it received this quarter was up 37% over the previous quarter.
The company more than doubled the number of samples it received -- 3,935 compared to 1,547 -- for the fiscal year ending June 30 than it did the previous fiscal year.
The test is a cheek swab was introduced in the U.S. in 2012 that upon completion is sent to Genetic Technologies for analysis.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV