NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Hunting and fishing retailer Cabela's (CAB) has grown across America with its large, destination stores. The additional stores and strong sales per square foot have delivered exceptional returns to patient shareholders. With the company's increased prospects for a hunting and fishing mecca like Canada, investors will continue to be pleased.
For years, Canada's hunting and fishing market has been dominated by small mom and pop shops and catalog sales. Cabela's and privately-held Bass Pro Shops have seen the opportunity and both have aggressive plans to expand in the country. Bass Pro Shops has two Canadian stores, with plans for four more.
Cabela's recently opened its sixth Canadian store with its first Ontario location. From 2007 to 2013, Cabela's took the slow approach to test the Canadian market with a total of four stores. That figure will double by the end of 2014 to eight and will hit double digits by the end of 2015.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV