FORT WORTH, Texas, July 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- American Airlines tomorrow will break ground on the Robert W. Baker Integrated Operations Center in Fort Worth. Earlier this year, American announced plans to consolidate the current American Airlines operations center in Fort Worth and the current US Airways operations center in Pittsburgh. The new facility will be located near American's headquarters and Flight Academy south of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. The state-of-the-art Integrated Operations Center will serve as the nerve center of American's global network and will house more than 1,400 employees who plan, oversee and dispatch the airline's more than 1 million annual mainline flights serving more than 140 million customers.
"Tomorrow will be an exciting day for American Airlines as we take another step forward in our integration," said Doug Parker, American's chairman and CEO. "It is most fitting that this new, state-of-the-art facility will bear the name of one of the most respected leaders in American's history. Bob Baker was widely regarded for his commitment to safety, reliability and operational integrity. He is a great example for all of us at American and we are honored to have his name on this extremely important facility."
The employees who will ultimately work in the two-story, 149,000-square-foot facility will manage a global, complex and fast-moving network of people, aircraft, airports, facilities and airspace. Specific functions of the new Integrated Operations Center will include Flight Dispatch, Crew Scheduling, Maintenance Operations Control, Weight and Balance Planning, System Customer Service, Flight Planning Support, and Emergency Planning and Response. The building has been designed to withstand winds associated with an EF3 tornado (165-185 mph). It is anticipated to be completed by the third quarter of 2015.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV