The satellite radio provider announced the firing late on July 3 following a series of racist and sexist tweets from Cumia. Sirius XM said it reached the decision and informed Cumia "after careful consideration of his racially-charged and hate-filled remarks on social media. Those remarks and postings are abhorrent to SiriusXM, and his behavior is wholly inconsistent with what SiriusXM represents."
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 14.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $251.39 million or 48.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.61%.
- The gross profit margin for SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 60.86%. Regardless of SIRI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.42% trails the industry average.
- SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $0.06 versus $0.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.08 versus $0.06).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Media industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 23.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $123.60 million to $93.99 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SIRI Ratings Report