NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Archer-Daniels-Midland said it will buy Swiss natural ingredient company Wild Flavors for $3.1 billion in cash and debt, as it seeks to expand its offerings to food and beverage companies.
Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM) said it will buy Swiss natural ingredient company Wild Flavors for $3.1 billion in cash and debt, marking its biggest acquisition to date.ADM said it expects to create a new business segment called Wild Flavors and Specialty Ingredients with sales approaching $2.5 billion. It said the acquisition will give the company the ability to offer food and beverage companies a comprehensive suite of systems to enhance and improve their products. In a statement, ADM Chairman and CEO Patricia Woertz said the deal is consistent with the company's long-term strategy to diversify its product portfolio and complements the investments it recently made in Brazil and China. Woertz said the acquisition will meet the company's return objectives, with estimated cost and revenue synergies of 100 million euros in three years. ADM will pay about 2.2 billion euros to Wild Flavors shareholders Dr. Hans-Peter Wild and funds affiliated with private-equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts. The deal is contingent upon regulatory approvals and is expected to close by the end of the year. In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet. -- Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV