NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Jefferies decreased its price target on Methanex (MEOH) to $84 and set a "buy" rating. The firm said the methanol market appears weaker than expected due to muted demand growth in China.
The stock was down 0.22% to $63.40 at 9:44 a.m. on Monday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 48.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.64, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, MEOH has a quick ratio of 1.61, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 138.09% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 45.72% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MEOH should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- METHANEX CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, METHANEX CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $3.41 versus -$0.79 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 140.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $60.27 million to $145.10 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MEOH Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV